Our report on the Universal Credit Uplift
Last month we reported on the end of the Universal Credit uplift and Furlough scheme. Our campaign, Don’t Wait Until October’ encouraged people, likely to be impacted by the lifting of COVID-19 support, to seek advice with debts, budgeting and income maximisation. We also carried out a survey and produced a local report that you can now download below.
The Green Doctor
Groundwork have launched a new project called The Green Doctor. They provide home visits or a phone consultation service depending on people’s requirements. Some of the free services they offer include:
- Identifying causes of heat loss in the home
- Helping identify and tackle damp or mould problems
- Offering useful tips for saving energy and water whilst ensuring your home stays safe and comfortable
- Installing small energy and water efficiency measures, such as draft excluders
- Supporting you to switch energy providers to save money
- Supporting you to access other support, such as emergency heating, government subsidies or grants, advice on energy or water debt
For more information visit their website:
The Studio at Padge Road
The Studio at Padge Road, Beeston have launched their programme of activities during October – December 2021. The Studio provide activities and events for people with dementia and their carers.
Inspire Autumn Programme
The Inspire Autumn Programme is now available and courses can be booked on their website. They offer a wide variety of courses aimed to encourage learning and development across all ages, and help to promote personal growth within the community. Details below:
Vacancies at Mind Nottinghamshire
Our partners at Mind Nottinghamshire currently have vacancies. These posts are an essential part of improving mental well-being in the county. Follow the link below for more details. Deadline for applications 4th October.