Many people across Nottinghamshire have been affected by the recent flooding. Across the county local authorities and other statutory agencies have been reacting to the crisis that has devastated many residents and businesses. However, once the immediate flooding is over what can you do to make sure you protect your home or business from future flooding and deal with associated problems and costs such as obtaining household insurance in the future?

Help from Nottinghamshire County Council

Nottinghamshire County Council offer guidance to households and businesses on flood recovery. They have also set up a grants scheme to help homes and businesses impacted by flooding.

Click HERE to find out more.

Help from Broxtowe Borough Council

  • Flood-hit households in affected areas can apply for up to £500 in financial hardship payments to give cash quickly to those in short-term need. 
  • Households and businesses significantly affected by recent flooding will be eligible for 100% Council Tax and Business Rates Relief for at least three months.

Click HERE to find our more.

Getting help with insurance

A national scheme Flood RE has been set up to help households impacted by flooding obtain insurance cover. GOV.UK provides information and guidance on getting insurance after a flood.

Being affected by flooding can be very stressful. You can always call into one of our offices and our advisers will guide you through what help might be available.

Also remember to be very aware of cold callers offering to carry out repairs after flooding. Always be scam and fraud aware.

Share This
Scroll to Top